- Thinking about giving your career a boost?
- Passionate about Usability Engineering and developing medical devices of the future, focusing on patient safety and user needs?
- Competent and experienced in planning, executing, and documenting Usability Engineering activities in all phases of development?
- Interested in joining an expert Usability Engineering team at Technolution, who works dedicatedly with our clients to get new medical devices approved by the authorities?
- Thriving in a consultant role and a fast-paced environment?
Then join Technolution and become part of an energetic and innovative rapidly growing company, where you will boost your professional experience and knowledge while assisting our clients in successfully launching new medical devices, combination products, and in vitro diagnostic devices.
In the job as Senior Usability Engineer, you will join our team of highly skilled experts in Usability/Human Factors Engineering. You will be deeply involved in Usability Engineering activities related to device development projects, both in-house and at our clients. In your daily work, you will therefore interact seamlessly with your colleagues at Technolution and client team members, while driving Usability Engineering activities. The primary workplace will be in the Copenhagen area and limited travel is to be expected to participate in test activities. This will primarily be in Denmark and the US.
You will participate in:
- Planning and executing the Usability Engineering process in compliance with current regulatory standards for medical device development.
- Preparing, conducting, analyzing, and reporting formative and summative User Interface Evaluation/Human Factors Validation testing.
- Integrating Usability Engineering in Risk Management and Design Control.
- Identification and analysis of Use Errors, Risks, and defining design input through User Interface requirements.
- Propose design and optimizations of User Interfaces and accompanying material.
- Continuous improvement and optimization of Technolution’s Usability Engineering procedures and templates in collaboration with the Technolution team.
About YOUR Qualifications
You have experience with Usability Engineering for medical device development. You are outgoing, open-minded, an excellent communicator, well structured, analytical, and proactive. The role as Senior Usability Engineer requires that you are systematic and able to work efficiently alone and in groups.
Some of your qualifications:
- Good understanding of and experience with IEC 62366-1:2015, ISO 14971:2019, and FDA guidance for Human Factors Engineering (2016).
- Hands-on usability testing experience including the creation of protocols, moderator guides, usability reports, and documentation.
- You are fluent in Danish and English.
- Relevant education on bachelor or master’s level and/or relevant training.
- Good understanding and a proven track record of product development and product development processes.
- You have great interpersonal skills
- Stakeholder management comes naturally to you, and so does communicating in a clear and intuitive way
- You have a structured approach to work
- You have an eye for the detail, and how details fit into the greater scheme of the project
- You take responsibility and meet deadlines
- You are excellent at spotting new opportunities
- You are not afraid of taking on a challenge, and you are flexible enough to know when you need to search for new paths to reach the targets
- You are good at motivating yourself and others
What we offer
When working at Technolution, you will have extensive contact with elite Danish MedTech companies, across industry segments and disciplines, and you will be a part of a company where professionalism and unity are keywords and where initiatives are welcomed and appreciated. We have regular events of both professional and social character and strive to create a safe, trusting, and developing culture. We take pride in our unpretentious and professional company environment where we know each other well and are good at making room for the individual and sees the strength in being there for each other. We are always open to being inspired by your contribution and you will have plenty of opportunities to contribute to the continuous improvement of Technolution. We offer attractive working conditions both practically, professionally, socially, and economically.
Click here to learn more about Technolution.
We look forward to hearing from you
Please send your application and CV to Jon Storm Madsen, Partner / Head of Usability Engineering email@example.com, or call regarding questions (+45) 61 30 72 43.
Applications will be handled continuously (all applications will be stored for 6 months and then deleted).
Technolution is a fast-growing Medical Device consultancy with an ambitious growth strategy. We help our clients throughout the entire development process according to ISO 13485:2016 / MDR. Technolution focuses on the Pharma, IVD, and Medical Device industry both in Denmark and globally. We have room for individuality, a flat organizational structure, and expect everybody to take responsibility. Our office in Hørsholm is large with bright rooms, great facilities such as a Prototype Workshop, a Usability Lab and Test Lab. Drop by for a cup of coffee, and we will see if we can give your career a boost.